Posted by Pattie on 7/22/2009 02:39:00 PM
Labels: ,

President Obama said it best the other day. I can't believe Congress is dragging their feet on health care access. Are they really this out of touch?

Its easy to let your Senators & Representative know you want them to act.



To write your Representative, click here.

To write your Senator, click here.


Trust me, I'm not one to fuss at Washington much. But its time for Americans to have health care like the rest of the civilized world. I really don't think the proposed legislation goes far enough, but the proposals in the House and Senate go much further than anything we've ever had and it burns me up that the "how to pay for it" question is going to kill it. We can't afford not to do something.

So use the links above and write Congress. Tell them that it is stupid for them to talk about this as "costs." Providing health care for all our citizens and residents is an investment in a healthier economy and healthier nation. They invested in banks, why can't they invest in people? (I know the answer to that, but it still burns me up and I hope I'm never so cynical that it doesn't continue to burn me up.

Last year Americans called & emailed so much when the bailout was proposed that they were forced to change strategies and put in some containment on wall street and the banks in the wake of a lot of lobbying. Maybe if we all call or email, they'll get the message again.

If you believe in health care reform, NOW IS THE TIME TO ACT. Contact Congress and tell them to get off their butts and work for once.

Thanks.

0 comments: