Posted by Pattie on 3/19/2007 04:51:00 PM
Labels: , ,

39 Days to Go

Okay, I'm starting to freak out a bit. In 39 days, I will receive my last paycheck from the tax preparation gig. I do have one summer job in the works, but that leaves a gap between jobs. I've been doing the editing gig on the side and thought I had a client lined up to fill that gap and buy me some time, but that fell through last week.

INSERT RANT regarding Good Christian People who take up a lot of your time with promises they never intended to keep, expecting tolerance and special treatment for this bad behavior. My brother has a rule of thumb -- if a transaction begins with a person describing themselves, or their business or their project as "a good Christian whatever," either charge double or run away quickly. I should know by now, but instead I got taken once again and now I've spent over a month expecting a pay off with a new client that isn't going to happen even after we had a deal.

Anyway, suffice to say I've been on a roller coaster. Carl is very sick. I'm hating poverty. Every time I see light at the end of the tunnel, it seems to run me over.

Is it really too much to ask that I be able to do what I love and make money?

I have found some positive things to move towards that goal. I've found a syndication service that accepts entries. I've found a travel writing distribution site that has promise. I've found a list of 400 literary agents that I'm going to start working. The summer job looks good. I did a telephone interview today and will be doing an in person interview soon. If it comes through with a little temp job in May, I think we'll make it. I just hope this isn't an oncoming train!

But its 39 days to absolute poverty and I'd feel better if more things were settled.

0 comments: