Posted by Pattie on 2/02/2004 11:12:00 PM

fun day, Monday

I have to admit that today was a good day. It's funny but when I have a good day, I don't know exactly what to write about it. The only bad thing that happened today is I spent 3 hours trying to export my video, Free Way, into a file that I could burn on DVD and got told that there wasn't enough space on the drive three times. Video takes up a lot of space! I will go back tomorrow and try again.

Repeat my mantra:

Computers do not work.

Computer printers do not work.

The Internet does not work.


Okay, I'm aware of the fact that computers do work most of the time, but I've lowered my expectations for days just like today.

The funny thing is, even with a minor setback, I'm enjoying myself as a filmmaker. It is tedious and time consuming and yet I can't get enough of it.

I'm just in the best mood I've been in a long time. Carl and I ate out for both lunch and dinner as we did a lot of errands. It was good to be out and about. It was fun sitting around and talking for several hours. We ended up with two great waiters, in one day!

At Montana's we outlined a 50-year conspiracy plan that I won't share because I saw The Pelican Brief at least three times and I don't want to know if we got it right.

At Alzu's (our favourite, default restaurant) we had fun razing computers and trading Trash-80 and Commadore stories and generally belying our age with Mark the waiter.

All in all it was a fun day in rainy, cold Victoria. I think it was just good to be out of the house for a change.

0 comments: