Posted by Pattie on 8/30/2009 08:32:00 AM
Labels: ,

I checked out season 2 of the X-Files from the Library and have been watching it off and on this week. I saw the episode entitled "Sleepless" yesterday. It is basically about soldiers who were experimented on during Viet Nam war and now haven't been to sleep in 24 years.

I can relate.

It's been about 2 or 3 weeks since I've had a good night's sleep and it is starting to take its toll.

I am trying all sorts of stuff to stop the night sweats and hot flashes but nothing is working.

Between the hormones and the lack of sleep, I'm grumpy and I'm having trouble concentrating at a time when I really need my brain.

Yuck!

Oh yeah, and I'm in that weird stage where all I can do is talk about being in menopause which is beginning to embarrass me. I have learned that when faced with new stressors I jabber and if I fight it, I end up jabbering more. So I generally try to just ramp up the jabbering until I'm jabbered out. As you can imagine, friends and family do not find this stage particularly enjoyable, so I try to mostly jabber to myself. Of course, now I'm cyber-jabbering to you. (Imagine me red faced and adverting my eyes in shame -- of course, the red face part could be because I'm having a freaking hot flash!)

I'll shut up now. I promise. Okay, I can't promise that, but I will try to jabber to myself now and leave you alone.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Pattie, you are soooo not alone! I have had such a hard time with out-of-whack hormones for the last five years or so, coupled with any number of ailments that exacerbate the hormonal ones.

I am told, though, that things will get better. Indeed, I think I've arrived at a place where I have more energy and more focus. My memory still sucks and I still seem to be more emotionally vulnerable than I used to be, but the improvement is impressive. Perhaps there are more improvements to come. Here's hoping for better days ahead!