Posted by Pattie on 7/28/2005 09:10:00 AM

My Birthday Gift to Myself

I don't usually share this kind of thing, but everyone should stop and take stock of their lives on their birthday. It's part of why we mark them.

Today I did so by doing a Pathway Spread with my Medicine Cards.

BTW, I'm not going to explain the process of this spread. If you are interested, there is plenty to learn in the books and cards available via online sources.

========================================

Here is my interpretation of the cards I drew this morning:

Past (Contrary Owl, Interpretation Deer)

Someone has deceived me. Someone has meant to cause me harm and now I must beware, protecting my property and my family. Someone is trying to keep me from spiritual growth and only through love and gentleness (not pushing them to change) will I achieve that growth.

Present (Contrary Butterfly, Interpretation Rabbit)

There is a change needed in my life that I am not recognizing. I need the courage to break out of the cocoon and make that change. It is time to let go of my fears instead of calling them to me. It is time to stop talking about the "what ifs" and the bad things. It is time to boldly move forward.

Future (Black Panther)

I need not worry about the future. I should trust that things will work out. I do not need to figure it all out at this time. The message again is to embrace the unknown and let go of fears. It is in darkness that we often find our best answers.

Life lessons moving through life (Contrary Crow, Interpretation Mountain Lion)

There has been a shift in my life and it is time to recognize it and act upon it. A new friend of mine has a program called Lead, Laugh or Get Out of the Way. This is the lesson I believe is running through my life right now. It is time for me to demonstrate myself as a leader. It is time to give authority to my own experience and to face whatever fears I have of doing so.

Challenge just conquered (Contrary Beaver, Interpretation Buffalo)

I have been dammed up and unwilling to work through the resentment I've been feeling. It is time to do something. It is time to overcome a fear of failure and act. It is a time to seek enlightenment. It is a time to be humble and ask for help and then to accept that help.

What is working for me (Opossum)

Diversion, cleverness, strategy and mental acuity are my greatest allies right now. It is a time to use drama to remove some barrier to progress. Interesting message. Carl always says "whatever gets accomplish, gets accomplished sideways."

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete." -- Buckminster Fuller

What is working against me (Contrary Turkey, Interpretation Raccoon)

It is important to be generous but not to the point of running on empty myself. It is time to temper my generosity with regrouping and re-strengthening my own soul, my own couffers and my own physical wellbeing.

======================
I don't know if this little exercise does anything for you. I am always amazed at what it does for me. I have no doubt that I've been paralyzed by fear and anger these past few days.

My birthday gift to myself is going to be to let go, to renew my energies for the unknown adventures ahead and to trust my own knowledge and gut feelings to get me through.

0 comments: