Posted by Pattie on 5/05/2002 07:15:00 PM

Carl and I produced a lot of culture last week and it left me tired and weary by the end of the week.

Making radio makes me feel good. First Person Plural is going to be fun to make each week. But the task before us in overwhelming because every thing is working against what I care about most.

There are more big beautiful women showing off their talents, but all of them seem to be succumbing to the fat hatred. Oprah's struggles ought to teach us all how troublesome the whole process is. She's a billionaire who doesn't feel successful because of her body. Rosie can come out of the closet, but still wants to pass for thin. Starr Jones announced on the View last week that she is going on a diet. Roseanne had the Fobi Pouch mutilation and encouraged her daughter and Carnie Wilson to do the same.

Cameron Manheim gives me hope. Kathy Kinney gives me hope. So do Conchita Ferrell, Lesley Boone (Molly on Ed), Melissa McCarthy (Sookie on Gilmore Girls) and Candy Crowley give me hope because they all seem to doing a great job with little apology of their fatness.

Tomorrow is International No Diet Day. Maybe by this time next year, I'll have a local group of people to stand up and say "stop dieting."

0 comments: