Posted by Pattie on 3/02/2006 08:17:00 AM

Top 10 Things I am Tired of Discussing: Intro

I’ve been lurking on several lists and forums (both private and public) where discussions about fat acceptance and “the movement” have been formed around one issue or another over the past month. I have not had time or energy to respond to everything that has been said, but even just reading has been both exhilarating and exhausting.

Please understand the original posts (both private and public) raised important questions about coalition building, community building, health and activism, but the ensuing discussions degenerated into age-old debates that just don’t seem to want to go away. I keep wondering when we are going to get past some things and get to the action part of activism.

With this in mind, I have been thinking about which issues are just driving me crazy. Carl and I put together top 10 lists some time when we are sorting out an issue, I created my Top 10 Things I am Tired of Discussing (in order of aggravation from least to most!).

I wrote over 7 pages on these 10 things, so in the interest of sanity and readability, I'll post each separately over the next few days.

Stay tuned!

0 comments: