Posted by Pattie on 8/19/2004 04:50:00 PM

Damn, has it been 10 days?

I keep meaning to post here more often. I have almost daily access now through libraries and free y-fi places and yet, I don't know what to write.

So much is going on and none of it seems to be clearly working out.

I want clarity.

I'm hoping this is the chaos before clarity.

Does that really happen?

I've been watching Olympic coverage at night -- staying up late.

Still no word on Cheryl Haworth on the major network. I'm not sure if weightlifting events have happened yet.

Yesterday's shotput at Olympia was (as Bob Costas put it so eloquently) "cool."

I'm a total and complete softie when it comes to the Olympic games. My soft underbelly shows and I forget all about the cynical stuff.

I've been thinking about fat athletes a lot this summer. Watching the games reminds me that people (even athletic people) come in all shapes and sizes. You would never know that from watch Nike commercials.

Oh, well, I guess I did have something to say. I'll try to post within the next five days and see if I can't up my average.

0 comments: