Posted by Pattie on 4/29/2004 07:34:00 PM

Moving

I've stayed put for 30 months. I've hated the apartment, espcially when it is hot and sunny. If it is sunny and 20 degrees celcius outside, it is 40 degrees in my apartment by 5pm. The western sun shines through the windows and heats up everything. There is no escape.

I guess the universe doesn't want me to feel too bad about this move, because it is freakin hot by Victoria standards and my apartment is extremely hot. I don't like heat. I don't like the sun. I sold my fans. I have no relief other than sunset.

This makes me bitchy. Really bitchy. It drains me and tonight I still have packing. I have a super who can't get it through his head that we can't leave early. I can't give away my damn sofabed and will probably have to take it to the dump tomorrow even though it is a perfectly good sofa bed that my cat redecorated a bit. Doesn't anyone know how to throw a cover over old furniture anymore?

We are supposed to be on the boat to the US on Saturday morning at 8:30am. Well, at customs waiting to get on the boat. That is less than 40 hours from now and we still have so much to do. And I am too hot to do anything.

I'm going nuts with self-doubt. What the hell am I doing? I'm starting a business. I'm giving up a home. OMIGAWD!

0 comments: