Posted by Pattie on 6/05/2003 10:06:00 AM

ONE DAY AT A TIME

You may have noticed that I haven't been writing much lately. Well, I'm battling yet another round of respitory infection. I can't seem to fully get rid of the infection that put me in the hospital with pnemonia in December. I am on my fourth round of antibiotics since then. My doctor believes that this is really the same infection that I'm not able to get rid of completely. She also believes that the medications I'm on for lupus could be what is making it so difficult. I'm finding it most aggrevating and frustrating. The medications keep me from having severe lupus symptoms, but then they also make me more susceptible to infections and make me less able to fight off infections. It gets, well, discouraging at times.

The only good news in all of this is that if I can find the right antibiotic to fight this off, I might start feeling better. I know I am stronger than I was last year at this time, in spite of the infection, so I'm ever hopeful that I can find renewed energy. But as the saying goes, I'm going to take this one day at a time.

I don't know what I'd do without Carl to watch over me. He has been a wonderful partner and caretaker through all of this. Thanks my love.

0 comments: