Posted by Pattie on 5/11/2003 09:45:00 PM

STILL

still
adj
Free of sound. Low in sound; hushed or subdued.


I never heard his voice.

Not moving or in motion.

I never felt his kick.

Free from disturbance, agitation, or commotion.

I never experienced how he would interrupt my life or my day with playful rowdiness.


n.
Silence; quiet: the still of the night.


My nights were interrupted with my grief, but not with his cries.


adv.
Without movement; motionlessly: stand still.


He was stillborn.


At the present time; for the present: We are still waiting.
Up to or at a specified time; yet: still had not made up her mind.
At a future time; eventually: may still see the error of his ways.
In increasing amount or degree; even: and still further complaints.
In addition; besides: had still another helping.
All the same; nevertheless.


I am still coping.

Have you any children?
The question
still
rips through my heart

I don't know how to answer
still

I usually say, "no."
Because "yes" is
still
too hard to explain
too hard to tell
still

each passing year i
still
notice
children who would be
his age if
he
still
were with me

14 Mother's Days have come and gone
still quietly unnoticed
still painful
still bittersweet
still feeling like a mother
still not quite one
still
...

0 comments: