Posted by Pattie on 8/31/2002 09:15:00 AM

What a week. The low point -- my cat crapped on me on Thursday morning. You know it's going to be a bad day when you have to pick up cat shit with your bare hands. She is leashed trained and reliant upon us to figure out her "I gotta go" signals. I guess something got lost in the translation this time. High point -- I've been trying to figure out a project that would bring my Ph.D. life together with my creative life. We had a meeting Friday with a media consultant and I am inspired. I think I've figured out the next thing. I'm not going to jinx it though. I'm waiting to talk to some people before I write about it too extensively. Let's just say it involves lights, cameras and some action.

BTW, I found out this week that lack of sleep makes me paranoid. I also found out that just because you're paranoid doesn't mean the cat won't crap on you.

Okay, I'm in a bit of weird mood.

The fat culture stuff seems to have struck a chord. I'm excited about that. Carl and I have been thinking about making audio culture jams. It seems to be the missing thing in culture jamming efforts, most of which emphasize the visual. Well, we have this radio show, so it seems an appropriate place to start for us. Of course, it means that we are going to have to listen to some commercial radio to see what we can jam. That will be painful. I've learned to toon out so much in advertisements. But one of the ideas I have is to spoof Jenny Craig ads and I think that could qualify as fat culture. I'll definitely let people know if this thing works out.

In the meantime, I've decided to mark as many fat sites as I can find and see if I can come up with a pattern, then I think I'm going to just start an on-line fat institute that emphasizes resources and cultural creations about fat. Who knows maybe even start a kind of forum myself. It may take some time in my complicated busy life, but I am going to do something about this fat culture idea.

0 comments: