Posted by Pattie on 7/23/2002 11:06:00 AM

I got some sleep last night. That is a rare and beautiful thing. Yesterday should have been a horrible day -- it was hot for me (over 30 celsius, which isn't as bad a Florida, but in Florida everyone has air conditioning -- in Victoria, no one does). I had to be out in the heat and sun, which aggrevates lupus symptoms. I had to go get insurance that lapsed on my van because the day before I got caught driving without insurance (a very expensive ticket).

So yesterday should have been a bad day, but somehow it wasn't. I found out I could pay the big ticket over time. I listened to my body and called a cab rather than walking to the bus stop and it turned out to not be that expensive. My paycheck was waiting for me as arranged with no bureaucratic entanglements. I got to subsequent bus stops just at the right times and had very little waiting. I was able to make it to the bank in time to deposit my check. I found an insurance outlet right next to the bank. The insurance company okayed payments over time, which worked out great. Got back a full hour before I thought I would. Went out to dinner and went swimming. Then I slept 9 hours.

All this time, my wonderful husband shared in the experiences. Maybe Carl made the difference. Maybe the lack of hostility in bureaucracy made the difference. Maybe the universe just smiled on me. I don't know, but then why question it. It was a good day.

0 comments: